Wear and tear on a building is normal. However, it is important to closely monitor these changes. To ensure the safety of users and of the public, you’ll need more than a quick glance. Our certified professionals can take care of evaluating facades, parking lots, balconies and other concrete structures, in order to recommend required maintenance. We greatly value the trust of our customers. We recommend only appropriate work, according to the needs of each customer.

More information is also provided below, in the Frequently Asked Questions section.

Let us accompany you

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Bill 122 – Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find more information about regulatory inspection requirements?

The Régie du bâtiment website offers a section called the Buildings chapter of the Safety Code. In the left menu, you will see all the subsections attached to this section.

What should I do with these verification reports?

You must keep your verification reports in a building register.

When should I ask for these verifications?

As soon as your building blows out its tenth candle, you’ll have to launch the evaluation process and go through it again every five years. If your building is older, see the information listed in the “Frequency of Verification Reports” section on the RBQ’s “Facades” page. First, for underground parking, you must carry out a visual check every year. You are also required to request a thorough verification report, written by an engineer or architect 12 to 18 months after the completion of the initial construction. The report must be requested six months before the date on which you will need it.

How can I be sure that my building or multi-storey parking garage is safe and that it complies with the required verifications?

Even if you take great care of your building, you will still need to hire an engineer or architect to evaluate specific criteria on the facade or in the parking garage. He or she will provide the details about the construction work that has to be done or a confirmation that everything is safe. You need a certificate proving that this verification has been carried out.

Who is responsible for managing the Bill?

The Régie du bâtiment enforces this bill. Details can be found in the Buildings chapter of the Safety Code.

From Assessment to Repair

Request a Free Quote